Thursday, August 27, 2009

Senator Edward Kennedy - A Dirge

Eternal rest give unto Edward O Lord: and let yoyr perpetual light shine unto him.

Edward M. Kennedy, 1932 - 2009

Oh LORD, look not upon Edward's faults but on his faith, grant him a place with the maryters and saints, and bring peace and comfort to his family.


Ant:Direct (Latin: dirge) O Lord God my way in thy sight.

Psalm 5
Give ear to my words, O LORD; give heed to my groaning.
Hearken to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to thee do I pray.

O LORD, in the morning thou dost hear my voice;
in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for thee, and watch.
For thou art not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil may not sojourn with thee.

The boastful may not stand before thy eyes;
thou hatest all evildoers.
Thou destroyest those who speak lies;
the LORD abhors bloodthirsty and deceitful men.

But I through the abundance of thy steadfast love will enter thy house,
I will worship toward thy holy temple in the fear of thee.
Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of my enemies;
make thy way straight before me.

For there is no truth in their mouth;
their heart is destruction,
their throat is an open sepulchre,
they flatter with their tongue.

Make them bear their guilt, O God;
let them fall by their own counsels;
because of their many transgressions cast them out,
for they have rebelled against thee.

But let all who take refuge in thee rejoice,
let them ever sing for joy; and do thou defend them,
that those who love thy name may exult in thee.
For thou dost bless the righteous,

O LORD; thou dost cover him with favor as with a shield.

Ant: Direct O Lord God my way in thy sight.

Eternal rest give unto Edward O Lord: and let your perpetual light shine unto him.

Ant: Direct O Lord God my way in thy sight.




NOTE: A different translation of the Dirge (Matins and Lauds for the Dead). This is an all night vigil service for the day before the funeral, I skipped the other 30 some psalms and readings

No comments:

Copyright 2004-2012 - All rights reserved. All opnions are mine, except comments or quoted material - who else would want them. Site Meter